Faculty: Gerry Van Kooten
- Deepthike, H.U., Tecon, R., Van Kooten, G., Van der Meer, J.R., Harms, H., Wells, M., and Short, J., 2009. Unlike PAHs from Exxon Valdez Crude Oil, PAHs from Gulf of Alaska Coals are not Bioavailable. Environmental Science & Technology, 2009, 43 (15), pp 5864-5870.
- Short, J. W., Kolak, J. J., Payne, J. R., and Van Kooten, G. K., 2007. An Evaluation of Petrogenic Hydrocarbons in Northern Gulf of Alaska Continental Shelf Sediments – The Role of Coastal Oil Seep Inputs: Organic Geochemistry 38, p. 643-670.
- Van Kooten, G.K., and Short, J.W., 2006. Tale of Two Oil Systems: Oil Potential along the Northern Gulf of Alaska: Joint Technical Conference of GSA, AAPG, and SPE, Anchorage, Alaska, Abstracts with Programs, vol. 38, no. 5, p. 5.
- Van Kooten, G.K., and Brown, J., 2006. Pressure Pumping, Chamber Filling, and Ammonite Preservation, Talkeetna Mountains, Alaska: Joint Technical Conference of GSA, AAPG, and SPE, Anchorage, Alaska, Abstracts with Programs, vol. 38, no. 5, p. 75.
- Van Kooten, G.K., 2009. Evaluation of Coal Resources in Alaska. Eleven chapters and accompanying data posters for Department of Energy resource evaluation.
- Van Kooten, G.K., 2008. Evaluation of Hydrocarbon Potential: DOT Fairbanks to Nome Planning Study Area. For Alaska Department of Transportation, 28 p. Hydrocarbon evaluation of proposed transportation corridor.