Call for public comments
Calvin College is seeking comments from the public about the college in preparation for its periodic evaluation by its regional accrediting agency. The college will host a visit April 27-28, 2015, with a team representing the Higher Learning Commission. Calvin College has been accredited by the commission since 1930. The team will review the institution’s ongoing ability to meet the commission’s Criteria for Accreditation.
The public is invited to submit comments regarding the college:
Public Comment on Calvin College
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411
The public may also submit comments on the commission’s website at: www.hlcommission.org
Comments must address substantive matters related to the quality of the institution or its academic programs. Comments must be in writing.
All comments must be received by March 26, 2015.
Calvin College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Specific program accreditation
Many of Calvin’s academic programs are also accredited individually. Specific accreditation is as follows:
- Chemistry and Biochemistry: American Chemical Societies
- Speech Pathology and Audiology MA: The master’s program is a candidate for accreditation by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700. Candidacy is a “pre-accreditation” status with the CAA, awarded to developing or emerging programs for a maximum period of five years.
- Nursing: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Music: National Association of Schools of Music
- Education: Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Social Work: Council on Social Work Education
- Engineering: The B.S. Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
- BCS Computer Science: Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 - telephone: (410) 347-7700