Accreditation of academic programs
Calvin College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission North Central Association.
Specific department and program accreditation
Many of Calvin’s departments are also accredited individually. Specific accreditation is as follows:
- Chemistry and Biochemistry: American Chemical Societies
- Speech Pathology and Audiology MA: The master’s program is a candidate for accreditation by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700. Candidacy is a “pre-accreditation” status with the CAA, awarded to developing or emerging programs for a maximum period of five years.
- Nursing: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Music: National Association of Schools of Music
- Education: Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Social Work: Council on Social Work Education
- Engineering: The B.S. Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
- BCS Computer Science: Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 - telephone: (410) 347-7700