Calvin College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission North Central Association.
Specific program accreditation
Many of Calvin’s academic programs are also accredited individually. Specific accreditation is as follows:
- Chemistry and Biochemistry: American Chemical Societies
- Speech Pathology and Audiology MA: The master’s program is a candidate for accreditation by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700. Candidacy is a “pre-accreditation” status with the CAA, awarded to developing or emerging programs for a maximum period of five years.
- Nursing: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Music: National Association of Schools of Music
- Education: Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Social Work: Council on Social Work Education
- Engineering: The B.S. Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
- BCS Computer Science: Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 - telephone: (410) 347-7700