New initiative pairs Calvin with community leaders to make college more accessible
- September 18, 2014
- Calvin College is one of seven west Michigan colleges and universities committing to collaborate on Grand Rapids Mayor George Hear...
Calvin students track trees in the Ecosystem Preserve
- September 17, 2014
- Every five years a team of students and professors survey the 3-4,000 trees in the college's Ecosystem Preserve, recording each tr...
Students research child welfare system in China
- August 29, 2014
- Speech pathology and audiology students put faith and science in action for a group of orphaned children in China’s Henan Province...
Students sent into the city on first full day at Calvin
- August 28, 2014
- On Thursday, August 28, all first-year and transfer students head off campus for StreetFest—a one-day service-learning opportunity...
Calvin biology professor receives grant to study ants’ guts
- August 26, 2014
- John Wertz has spent his career studying “good” bacteria and was recently awarded $479,000 from the National Science Foundation to...
Calvin remembers Paul Zwier
- August 22, 2014
- Professor of mathematics emeritus Paul Zwier is remembered for his contagious enthusiasm.
Spanish prof uncovers history by preserving newspapers
- August 13, 2014
- Ed Miller is working to bring forgotten 19th century Afro-Argentine newspapers to the public through a web archive.
Chemistry prof named Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar
- August 12, 2014
- Doug Vander Griend is one of seven faculty members in the U.S. to be awarded an unrestricted research grant of $60,000.
We Are Calvin: Lauren Merz
- August 08, 2014
- This summer, Lauren Merz worked in a lab at the University of Michigan researching post-exercise fatigue in muscular dystrophy pat...
Entrada provides crash course for college
- August 07, 2014
- Seventy students graduated from Calvin's 28th edition of Entrada—a month-long summer college immersion experience.
In other news
Justice for Honduras
Alongside study-abroad students, Calvin graduates battle corruption and strive for peace
How Calvin matches you with your roommate, and how to make the most of your experience
Reflecting on the Justice Studies in Honduras semester
Deep in the mountains of rural Honduras, where there were more coffee plants and wandering cows than people, our bus...