303 Spoelhof Center
(Calvin login required)
- M.Ed., Calvin College, 2007
- Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2013
- Assistive technology
- Students with disabilities accessing the general education curriculum
- Content area literacy
- New literacies
Recent Publications, Presentations, and Professional Services
- Sevensma, K. (2013, April). New Literacies for the Net Generation: Reading Comprehension in the 21st Century. Council for Exceptional Children National Conference. San Antonio, TX.
- Sevensma, K. (2012, August). What’s New in Literacy for the 21st Century? Calvin
College Title II Professional Development Grant Conference. Grand Rapids, MI.
- Co-Leader of the How We Learn: Instructional Technology Learning Community. (2012, Fall). Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Sevensma, K., & Terpstra, M. (2012-2013). Calvin Center for Christian Scholarship Working Group Grant: Christian Higher Education Online. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Co-Presenter for the How We Learn Faculty Development Project: Theory- and Research-based Models of Learning and Teaching. (2012, March & May) Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Sevensma, K.C. (2011, April). Note Taking: The Intersection of Literacy
Strategies and Technology in Science Classrooms. Council for Exceptional Children National Conference. National Harbor, MD.
- Englert, C. S., Mariage, T. V., Morsink, P. Martin, N., Sevensma, K.,Fitzer, K., Okolo, C.
(2010, December). Implementing and Evaluating a Web-based Technology to Support Expository Reading and Writing Performance in Middle School. Literacy Research Association National Conference. Fort Worth, TX.