Professor of Education
319 Spoelhof Center
- M.A., Michigan State University, 1972
- Ph.D., Michigan State University, 1975
- Special education program advisor
- Christian perspectives on disability
- Religious freedom for persons with intellectual disability
- Inclusive education
- Film and disability
Recent Publications, Presentations, and Professional Services
- Member of Editorial Board of the Journal of Whole Schooling (an e-journal).
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Religion, Disability and Health (Lord & Francis Publishers).
- Member of the IHE Advisory Committee of the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Early Intervention Services.
- Book chapter: Hoeksema, T. (2009). The way we think about disability affects how we think about our work. In G.L.U.E. Training Manual, by Luurtsema, K. & Newman, B. Grand Rapids: CLC Network.
- Hoeksema, T. (2010). "Inclusive Christian Schooling: Introduction to the theme issue." Journal of Religion, Disability and Health, vol. 14, no. 4.
- Developed a collaborative transition program on Calvin’s campus serving college age students who have developmental disabilities.