Some of the information needed to properly cite a web site may include:
- Name of Web Page Creator (If Given)
- TIP: Put screen names, usernames, etc. in Last Name, and leave First Name blank.
- Title of the Web Site
- Date of Last Update (If Given)
- Name of Any Organization Associated With Web Site (If Given)
- Date you Looked at the Web Site
- Web Site's URL (Network Address)
The Website Document is for citing a specific document, article or page that is posted on the website.
Calvin Students: For more help on citing your item in this format, contact a Reference Librarian
As of the 7th edition of the MLA Handbook, including URLs is generally not recommended.