Explore the Preserve
Go outside ... be inspired ... keep learning ... be healthy.
The greater Grand Rapids community is welcome to discover the beauty and wonder of nature at the Ecosystem Preserve. We are a gem in the midst of Grand Rapids, offering many wonderful opportunities in which you can connect with nature:
- Take a walk through the preserve. Watch the seasons change. Go birding. Bring a sketch pad, camera, or journal and be creative.
- Visit the Bunker Interpretive Center and interact with our seasonal displays.
- Attend our lively, educational programs for children and families.
- Elementary teachers, bring your students for a unique, educational school program.
- Check out our programs for adults to learn more about the native flora and fauna of this area.
- Beautify your garden with native plants that are easier to care for and require less watering. Shop our annual Native Plant Sale.
- Be a part of the exciting things happening at the Preserve by volunteering.
- Learn more about the research being done in the Buiten Wildlife Sanctuary and at Flat Iron Lake.
For the latest information about our programs and events:
Walking trails and restrooms are open to the public for free everyday 7 a.m. – dusk.
Bunker Interpretive Center:
Mon.–Fri. 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Closed weekends and holidays