Expedite your career
Will I find a job after graduation?
- In a survey of 2013 graduates, 98% of business and accounting graduates were employed or attending graduate school one year after graduation.
- In 2012 and 2011, respectively, Calvin College accounting graduates ranked 6th and 15th nationally among first-time takers of the CPA exam in 260 medium-sized programs.
Where have graduates found jobs?
Below are a few examples of where business students have found jobs in the past few years:
- Advanced Radiology Services
- Bank of America
- Ernst & Young
- Farmers Insurance
- Fifth Third Bancorp
- Goldman Sachs
- Gordon Food Service
- Grand Rapids Township
- Grant Thorton
- Kellogg Company
- Mercantile Bank
- Michigan Industrial Tools
- Partners Worldwide
- Pella Windows and Doors
- Plante Moran
- Professional Media Management
- Soundtech, Inc.
- Travelers Insurance
- Troika Entertainment
- United Way
- Van Wyk Risk & Financial Management
- Whirlpool Corporation
- Wolverine World Wide
- Zondervan Publishing
- and many more!
What career resources does Calvin offer?
Use Calvin's Career Development for:
- Career counseling
- Networking opportunities for jobs and internships
- Resume and cover letter building
- Practice interviews
- Information on graduate school
Opportunities for Graduate Schools
In recent years, Calvin business students have also gone on to graduate studies in fields like accounting, human resources, law, operations, and of course MBAs, at schools like Columbia, Cornell, Denver, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Texas. Dr. Jason Stansbury is the departmental graduate school advisor, and is eager to talk with students about their interests and opportunities to pursue advanced studies.