Students research child welfare system in China
- August 29, 2014
- Speech pathology and audiology students put faith and science in action for a group of orphaned children in China’s Henan Province...
Students sent into the city on first full day at Calvin
- August 28, 2014
- On Thursday, August 28, all first-year and transfer students head off campus for StreetFest—a one-day service-learning opportunity...
Calvin biology professor receives grant to study ants’ guts
- August 26, 2014
- John Wertz has spent his career studying “good” bacteria and was recently awarded $479,000 from the National Science Foundation to...
Calvin remembers Paul Zwier
- August 22, 2014
- Professor of mathematics emeritus Paul Zwier is remembered for his contagious enthusiasm.
Spanish prof uncovers history by preserving newspapers
- August 13, 2014
- Ed Miller is working to bring forgotten 19th century Afro-Argentine newspapers to the public through a web archive.
Chemistry prof named Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar
- August 12, 2014
- Doug Vander Griend is one of seven faculty members in the U.S. to be awarded an unrestricted research grant of $60,000.
We Are Calvin: Lauren Merz
- August 08, 2014
- This summer, Lauren Merz worked in a lab at the University of Michigan researching post-exercise fatigue in muscular dystrophy pat...
Entrada provides crash course for college
- August 07, 2014
- Seventy students graduated from Calvin's 28th edition of Entrada—a month-long summer college immersion experience.
We Are Calvin: Thuy-Nhi Nguyen
- August 07, 2014
- Thuy-Nhi Nguyen is spending this summer studying songbirds at the Au Sable Institute in northern Michigan.
Calvin students showcase their summer research projects
- August 06, 2014
- On Wednesday, July 23, student researchers in Calvin's science departments gave the public a glimpse of their work during an inaug...
In other news
Justice for Honduras
Alongside study-abroad students, Calvin graduates battle corruption and strive for peace
How Calvin matches you with your roommate, and how to make the most of your experience
Reflecting on the Justice Studies in Honduras semester
Deep in the mountains of rural Honduras, where there were more coffee plants and wandering cows than people, our bus...