In Their Own Words
It is encouraging that community members understand students’ financial struggles and provide assistance through this scholarship.” Jenny Holsem, Student
Thanks to your support, I don’t need to worry about how I am going to pay for each tuition statement. It brings me great joy to know that I am not alone on this journey.” Benjamin Brower, Student
I always knew I wanted to attend a Christian college, and the Grand Rapids Network Scholarship made that possible.” Josephine Tucker, Student
Alumni Association Scholarships
- Alumni Network Scholarships
Alumni all over the country support their local Calvin-bound students with scholarships. Here's our current list. Be sure to check out our alumni networks to see what alumni are doing near YOU.
- Alaska Alumni Network Scholarship
- Arizona Alumni Network Scholarship
- British Columbia-Southern Network Scholarship
- Chicagoland Alumni Network Scholarship
- DC Network Scholarship
- Florida-Gulf Coast Network Scholarship
- Florida-South Alumni Scholarship
- Kansas City Network Scholarship
- Michigan-Grand Rapids Network Scholarship
- Michigan-Lakeshore Network Scholarship
- Michigan-Mid (Lansing Area) Network Scholarship
- Michigan-Southeast Network Scholarship
- Michigan-Southwest (Kalamazoo Area) Network Scholarship
- New Jersey/New York Network Scholarship
- Washington-Lynden Network Scholarship
- Wisconsin-Southeast Network Scholarship (for upperclassmen)
- Legacy Scholarships
Celebrating the Calvin legacy
The Calvin Alumni Association annually awards scholarships of $1,500 to students who are third-generation (or more) from their family. This is a competitive scholarship process (they are not automatically awarded) and a one-time awards for the student's first year at Calvin.
In addition to answering one essay question, applicants must meet these requirements:
- Apply to Calvin as a high school senior and be admitted to Calvin by February 1.
- Have at least one parent plus at least two additional direct ancestors (a second parent, grandparents, great-grandparents) who are alumni.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Deadline: February 2 of a student's senior year of high school.
"Alumni" are defined as those who have attended Calvin for at least the equivalent of two full semesters. Alumni siblings, cousins and aunts/uncles are not considered direct ancestors for the purpose of this scholarship. Students would meet the Legacy Scholarship criteria if they had two alumni parents + one alum grandparent; or, one alum parent + two alum grandparents; or, one alum parent + one alum grandparent + one alum great-grandparent.
- Students of Color Scholarships
Promoting diversity in our student population
For prospective U.S. and Canadian students of color for their first year at Calvin. Up to five scholarships of $2,000 are available for the 20152016 school year.
Primary factors are the student’s academic record, motivation, character, potential for success at Calvin and financial need. A minimum 2.5 high school GPA is required.
Applications must be received by February 2, 2015.
- Memorial Scholarships
In memory of special friends and alumni of Calvin, these scholarships maintain a special connection to alumni networks.
Brian De Wall, Lori Powell and Matt Remein Scholarship
Cornelius and Marian Joosse Memorial Scholarship
See the Wisconsin Network.
- Interim Travel Scholarships
Opening new worlds for students
The Calvin Alumni Association supports students with 10 travel grants available for students who want to travel and study off campus during interim. Applications are available from the financial aid office in September and are due in October.
- Memorial Scholarships