West Michigan Optometric Scholarship
2015-2016 Award: 1 scholarship of $3,200
This scholarship was established by a number of optometrists practicing in West Michigan who received and are appreciative of their pre-optometry training at Calvin College. They also want to recognize the Biology Department for its commitment to pre-optometry students and for its high academic standards that integrate classroom, scholarly, technological and diverse research opportunities. Through this scholarship, the donors wish to encourage students to consider a career in optometry.
- Current Calvin College student planning to enroll full time the following year
- Entering their junior or senior year
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Biology, Biotechnology or Biochemistry major intending to pursue a career in optometry
- Some evidence of financial need