Cheryl Feenstra PhD, RNC | firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD, Michigan State University, Family Ecology, 1996
- MSN, Wayne State University, 1979 (Magna cum Laude)
- BSN, University of Michigan, 1972 (Magna cum Laude)
- Maternal - infant, Community health
- Calvin College Department of Nursing, Professor, 2004 - present
- Calvin College Department of Nursing, Professor & Chairperson, 2000 - 2004
- Hope-Calvin Department of Nursing, Professor, 1999-2000
- Hope-Calvin Department of Nursing, Associate Professor, 1996-1999
- Hope-Calvin Department of Nursing, Assistant Professor, 1989-1996
- University of Michigan, Adjunct Faculty, 1988
- Mercy College of Detroit, Adjunct Faculty, 1986-1987
- Butterworth Hospital, Staff Nurse, 1982 & 1983
- Hope-Calvin Department of Nursing, Adjunct Faculty, 1983
- Grand Valley State University, Adjunct Faculty, 1980-1989
- Grand Valley State University, Instructor, 1979-1980
- L.W. Blake Memorial Hospital, Staff Nurse, 1974-1976
- Ottawa County Health Department, Staff Nurse, 1972, 1973-1974
- St. Joseph Hospital School of Nursing, Instructor, 1972-1973
- "Community Based Nursing Education via Service-Learning Partnership." Michigan Campus Compact Venture Grant, 2002-2003, $2275.00
- Feenstra, C. American Nursing Students in the Philippines: Learning Cultural Sensitivity through Experience. Submitted for publication to Nurse Educator. April, 20
- Feenstra, C., Gordon, B., Hansen, D. & Zandee, G. Managing Community and Neighborhood Partnerships in a Community-Based Nursing Curriculum. Journal of Professional Nursing. May-June, 2006.
- Feenstra, C. (2000). Community based and community focused: Nursing education in community health. Public Health Nursing, 17(3), 155-159.
Feenstra, C. (2000, October). Healthy people 2010. Michigan Nurse.
- December, 2005 “Implementing a community-based curriculum: Meeting the challenge through unique faculty roles.” American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Baccalaureate Education Conference, Chicago, IL.
- January, 2005 “Evidence-Based Practice in Community Health Nursing: Teaching By Doing”. Silliman University College of Nursing Continuing Education. Dumaguete City, Negros, Philippines
- November, 2004 “Evidence-Based Practice: Teaching By Doing”. American Association of College of Nursing. Baccalaureate Education Conference, Sunny Lake, Florida.
- December, 2003 "Calvin College Nursing-Neighborhood Partnerships" Spectrum Health Healthier Communities Staff, Grand Rapids, MI.
- November, 2003 "Learning Leadership for Community Health Nursing" Poster presentation for American Association of Colleges of Nursing (Baccalaureate Education Conference), San Antonio, TX.
- May, 2003 “The Calvin College Nursing Curriculum – Why and What” Advancement Seminar: Development and Enrollment and External Relations Divisions, Calvin College.
- October, 2002 “A Rural Partnership: Educating Public Health Nursing Students” 3rd International Congress of Rural Nurses, Binghamton, NY
- December, 2000 “Educating Public Health Nursing Students: Partnerships in Urban, Rural, and Inner-city Areas” Third Annual Baccalaureate Education Conference, Chicago, IL
- Baxter Neighborhood Participatory Research Project, 2003 - present.
- "Assessment of Intervention Program on Parenting Stress with Young Mothers." Joint project with Kent County Health Department and Arbor Circle, 2000 - present.
- "Parental Variables in Parent-Newborn Communication." 1994-1996
- Coordinator of "Parent-Child Factors in High-Risk Infant Development" project with Mary Horan (Grand Valley State University) and Carol Loveland-Cherry (University of Michigan), 1987-1989.
- "Examination of Clinical Nursing Needs and Nurse Staffing on the Maternity Unit." 1979.
- Professional Nursing Organizations
- Research in parent-infant communication
- Consultant to International Aid project on Philippine Registered Nurse Utilization
- Association for Women's Health, Obstetric & Neonatal Nursing
- Michigan Nurses Association
- Invited member of MNA Taskforce on Nursing Shortage, 2002-2003
- Elected member of MNA Nursing Practice Council, Vice-chair, 1999-2000
- President, Lakeshore Chapter Nurses Association, 1994-1998
- Sigma Theta Tau International - Kappa Epsilon Chapter-at-Large
Vice President, 2003 - present
- Spectrum Health Nursing Research Committee
Back to Faculty & Staff page