Steve Faber '98
MEMORIES OF CALVIN
Favorite course: Environmental Ethics with Lionel Basney.
WHAT AT CALVIN PREPARED YOU FOR YOUR CAREER?
"Calvin helped me to develop a world view that prepared me for being comfortable with transformation and flux."
LIFE AFTER CALVIN
- Executive director of a local nonprofit group working with urban youth
- Married a great art teacher
- Rehabing a two-family home
- Started school again
- Joined a cohousing community
WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?
- Completed a Masters in Public Administration and Nonprofit Management
- Working in nonprofit consulting, a small part of that includes helping nonprofits apply GIS to better plan for neighborhood change. I recently presented a paper at the Public Participation GIS (PPGIS) conference on the role of intermediary nonprofits in delivering GIS services and how nonprofts can work at community counter-mapping.
- I am also a founding member of a Grand Rapids Cohousing Community, which is the first cohousing development in West Michigan.