The Provost's Office of Calvin College has agreed to help cover the fees charged by the Seminars office for conference management (up to $18,000.00/year). There are several elements involved in determining who can apply and the amount requested. Please see below for all of the details.
Those who are eligible
Academic departments at Calvin College can apply for financial support to help cover the management fee charged by the Seminars office if they are holding an academic conference (usually a Thursday afternoon-Saturday afternoon event) at Calvin College or the Prince Conference Center.
This funding is not available for longer events such as seminars or smaller events such as working groups.
1. Fill out the online application and send to the Seminars office
2. The Seminars Program Coordinator will determine the management fee based on the number of projected participants and the workload associated with the conference
3. The application will be forwarded to the Provost's Office
4. The Provost, in consultation with the Academic Council of deans, will decide how much support to allocate for the conference and forward that decision to the Seminars office
5. Seminars staff will communicate with the conference contact to let them know the Provost's decision
The Provost's Office will cover the portion of the management fee not covered by conference registration income (which varies from conference to conference).
What the Management Fee Covers
- Budget preparation and accounting, final reporting
- All logistical support for the event (for details, contact email@example.com)
- Staffing during the conference
The application form can be found here. Please contact us for more information before applying.
Seminars @ Calvin
1855 Knollcrest Circle SE
Grand Rapids MI 49546-4402