Welcome to Seminars at Calvin. We are the program office for academic seminars and conferences at Calvin College. We help our colleagues here at Calvin and a variety of working partners nationally and internationally to plan, promote and produce academic and professional events of the highest quality. Here are the three regular features of our work:
- Seminars in Christian Scholarship: This is our “mother program,” an annual series of topical summer seminars, running continuously since 1996. Our aim is to strengthen and encourage scholars and other learned professionals who pursue their work as a Christian calling.
- Academic Conferences: We manage academic conferences and workshops for Calvin and for external academic and professional groups.
- Additional Summer Institutes and Seminars: We partner with a variety of study centers and national foundations to produce high-quality summer meetings for professors and professional leaders. Recent clients include the National Endowment for the Humanities and the John Templeton Foundation.
Our staff has many years of professional experience in event management and professional development. We offer a hearty welcome and caring Christian service to all our guests.
Seminars@Calvin seeks to promote a strong Christian voice in the academy by:
- addressing issues of current debate,
- engaging them with deep Christian commitment, and
- promoting first-order scholarship
About Calvin College
Founded in 1876, Calvin College is one of the largest Christian colleges in North America with 4300 students and nearly 100 academic programs. Calvin is a comprehensive liberal arts college in the Reformed tradition of historic Christianity. As such, it offers an education that both fosters a commitment to Jesus Christ and equips students to be agents of renewal in the academy, church, and society. Affiliated with the Christian Reformed Church in North America, Calvin has an international reputation as a center of faith-shaped learning and scholarship.
Seminars @ Calvin
1855 Knollcrest Circle SE
Grand Rapids MI 49546-4402
Phone: (616) 526-8558
Fax: (616) 526-6682
Hekman Library Office 304