We are very excited to announce that on September 1, 2010, the Prince Conference Center received the Green Lodging Michigan Steward Certification. Click here to read the press release.
Overview of Initiatives
- Recycling containers available throughout facility. Items include:
- Office paper and Newspaper
- Cardboard boxes
- Plastic and cans
- Light bulbs
- China or Glass dishware is used in hotel rooms, employee break room, continental breakfast area and for all social functions.
- Single-serve packaged food items are avoided.
- Housekeeping uniform shirts are made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Low flow faucets and showerheads are in guest rooms.
- Linen reuse program is offered to guests.
- Carpool program in effect for employees.
Future Goals & Objectives
The Prince Center is currently exploring new initiatives in order to receive the Leader Certification.