We are very excited to announce that on September 1, 2010, the Prince Conference Center received the Green Lodging Michigan Steward Certification. Click here to read the press release.
This is a voluntary program and we are excited to be among only a handful of local hotels with this certification. Below is an overview of our Initiatives and Environmental Policy that helped us acheive this certification.
Overview of Initiatives
- Recycling containers available throughout facility. Items include:
- Office paper and Newspaper
- Cardboard boxes
- Plastic and cans
- Light bulbs
- China or Glass dishware is used in hotel rooms, employee break room, continental breakfast area and for all social functions.
- Single-serve packaged food items are avoided.
- Housekeeping uniform shirts are made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Low flow faucets and showerheads are in guest rooms.
- Linen reuse program is offered to guests.
- Carpool program in effect for employees.
Future Goals & Objectives
The Prince Center is currently exploring new initiatives in order to receive the Leader Certification.
- Green Lodging Press Release
- Calvin College Green Programs & Initiatives
- Prince Center's Environment Policy