The Calvin Parent Council is a representative group of Calvin parents who meet on campus twice annually, foster constructive dialogue between the college and parents, serve as ambassadors for the college, and faithfully support Calvin's mission.
Thank you to the 2013–2014 council (pictured above).
- Bonny Baar – Allendale, Mich. (Josette, JR)
- Joni Beezhold – Lake Stevens, Wash. (Allison, SO)
- Jeff Braybrook – Spring Lake, Mich. (Kimberly, JR)
- Dale and Janet Brink – Dyer, Ind. (Kristin, SO; Lauren, SO; Jordan, SR)
- Jim and Lynelle Cook – Aurora, Ohio (Jenna, FR; Katie, JR)
- Gabriella de la Vega – Wyoming, Mich. (Carla, SO)
- Shelley Evenhouse – Ada, Mich. (David, SR)
- Sandy Griffin – Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. (Lauren, JR)
- Ray and Rose Koopman – Florence, Ala. (Ryan, SR)
- Dale and Lisa Lensing – Otley, Iowa (Jonathan, JR
- Mark and Debra Schott – Palatine, Ill. (Caleb, SO; Jacob, FR))
- Rick and Rhonda Spykman, co-chairs – Lafayette, Ind. (John, SO)
- Donald and Linda Sutherland – Ballwin, Mo. (Ian, SO)
- Sue Toering – Jenison, Mich. (Sarah, SR; Ryan, SO)
- Kevin and Abbey Waterman – Detroit, Mich. (Kelsey, SO)
- Tom and Katie Wetherbee – Chagrin Falls, Ohio (Annie, JR)
- Mike Wissink – Big Rapids, Mich. (Peter, JR)
The Parent Council, an initiative of Calvin’s parent relations program, serves as a key leadership board to engage Calvin parents in constructive dialogue and activity.
Parent Council members are asked to serve an initial term of two years, with the option of serving additional years as long as they have a student at Calvin. Parents may serve individually or are invited to serve jointly on the council with a spouse. The membership includes parents or stepparents of students from each graduating class, and it is intended that the membership of the Parent Council reflect the demographics of the Calvin student body.
Parent Council meetings are held on campus in conjunction with two parent/family events: Family Weekend (October) and Siblings Weekend (February). Parent Council members are asked to provide their own transportation and lodging for the meetings; some meals will be provided by the college in conjunction with Parent Council sessions.