Scholarships are a form of gift aid and do not need to be repaid. They are awarded based on academic achievement and other criteria such as ethnicity, program of interest or other talents you might have. Many institutional scholarships are automatically awarded but some require an application.
- Calvin has academic scholarships that range from $2,000 to $15,000. They are awarded automatically based on your academic profile, as represented in your admission application materials.
Scholarships for underrepresented students
- Do any of the following describe you: A North American ethnic minority; an ethnic majority—but from a culturally-diverse background; the first in your family to go to college? If any of these sound like you, you may be eligible to receive one of our scholarships for underrepresented students, which are awarded automatically based on information provided in your admissions application.
- More than 400 additional scholarships awarded are available, based on a variety of criteria. Some are awarded automatically, others require an application. Search our database to see which you might be eligible for.
Additional awards and competitive programs
- Other institutional award opportunities are available to new students for a variety of criteria. These awards may be given in addition to academic scholarships.
- Students may also apply for scholarships from ourside sources within their communities. Calvin students earned nearly $2 million in outside awards last year.