- How do I access Guest wireless?
- Where is Guest wireless available?
- What can I do if it does not work?
Guest Wireless Setup
- In the list of available wireless networks, look for "Guest" and connect to it.
- Open an Internet browser (IE, Chrome, FireFox, Safari, etc).
- The browser should redirect you to a Guest Registration page:
- On this page you need to confirm that you have read the Acceptable Use Policy, fill in some contact information, and choose between three methods of registration:
- Text message
- Calvin sponsor
- Follow the instructions on the page depending on which registration method you have chosen.
Note: Guest wireless registration is good for 24 hours at a time. If you are on campus for an extended period, you may need to re-register each day.
Wireless is available at all locations listed in the table below. Please note that coverage is not campus-wide and connectivity is only guaranteed at the specific locations listed below.
|Calvin Crossing (OP)||All|
|Chapel (CP)||All, including outdoor plaza|
|Commons Annex (CA)||Basement level - Commons Lecture Hall (CA014)|
|1st floor -lobby area|
|2nd floor - meeting rooms|
|Commons (CM)||Johnny's Cafe|
|Dinning hall eating area|
|Covenant Fine Arts Center (CF)||Auditoriums|
|Center Art Gallery|
|Recital Hall (CF107)|
|2nd floor classrooms|
|DeVos Communications Center (DC)||1st floor (200 level)|
|2nd floor (300 level)|
|DeVries Hall (DH)||Basement level - WMRL|
|1st floor - all classroom/lab areas|
|2nd floor - all classroom/lab areas|
|3rd floor - all classroom/lab areas|
|Ecosystem Preserve Interpretive Center (EI)||All|
|Engineering Building (EB)||All|
|Hekman Library (HL)||1st floor - ITC|
|2nd floor - all|
|3rd floor - library area and Library Lobby (fireplace)|
|Meeter Center Lecture Hall (HL320)|
|4th floor - library area only (not Meeter Center)|
|Hiemenga Hall (HH)||3rd floor - classrooms|
|4th floor - classrooms|
|Hoogenboom Center (HC)||Heath Services|
|Knollcrest Dining Hall (KD)||Dining area only|
|Mail and Print Services (MP)||All|
|North Hall (NH)||All classrooms|
|Physical Plant (SR)||Office areas|
|Prince Conference Center (PC)||All|
|Raybrook Building (RB)||Parts of 1st and 2nd floor|
|Science Building (SB)||All classrooms and labs|
|Seminary (SM)||Common areas|
|Spoelhof Center (SC)||Basement level - lab theater and Gezon Auditorium|
|1st floor - atrium, coffee shop, classrooms|
|3rd floor - Broene Center, Student Life, President's Office area, Academic Services, classrooms|
|Spoelhof Fieldhouse (SF)||Lobby|
|Surge Building (LN)||All|
|Van Noord (VN)||Van Noord Arena (arena and hospitality suite only)|
|Venema Aquatic Center (VA)||Pool area|
|Youngsma Center (YC)||All|
| Residence Halls
BV, BB, BHT, KHvR, NVW, RVD, SE
Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, Kappa
PhiChi, ThetaEpsilon, RhoTao, ZetaLambda
- Verify that your computer or device is currently connected to the "Guest" network. Disconnect if from any other network such as CalvinStudents, CalvinWireless, or wireless_setup_instructions).
- Your wireless adapter must be set to automatically obtain an IP address and DNS address. If you have manually entered an IP address and/or DNS address you will need to change this setting.
- If you are connected to Guest but the registration web page is not loading, try a different web browser or clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- If you are connected to Guest but aren't able to use applications that require a wireless connection, open your web browser first and verify that you have registered for Guest access before attempting to use any other applications that require Internet access.