- Acton Institute for the Study
of Religion and Liberty
- Focuses on religious liberty, economic freedom, and personal moral
responsibility. Information is available on seminars, research, and
publications produced by the Institute. Established in 1990.
- The Alban Institute
- Examines the work of congregations and church leaders in their communities
and aids in developing new strategies through its research. Information
is provided about seminars and research of the Institute. Established
- American Religion Data Archive
- Collection of over 170 quantitative data sets dealing with religious
studies. Provides free access to these data sets to all interested
users, as well as links to many other social science data sets on
the Web. Supported by the Lilly Endowment.
- Center for Public Justice
- Aims to shape public policy in ways that promote social justice.
Major resource for Charitable Choice information. Also offers regular
commentaries on current affairs and policies in the news, as well
as a wide variety of publications.
for Religion and Civic Culture--U. of Southern California
- Studies the civic role of religion and aids faith-based organizations
in providing social services. Information provided on current research,
availability of funds, publications, and upcoming events. Founded
- Center for the
Study of Religion--Princeton U.
- Promotes scholarly research, teaching, and public discussion of
religion through the humanities and social sciences. Provides information
on past and present research projects, as well as future opportunities
and events. Formed in 1991.
- Center for the Study
of Religion and American Culture
- Aims at promoting understanding of the relation between religion
and other aspects of American culture. Information offered on conferences,
publications, research projects, and fellowships. Established in 1989.
for the Study of Religion & Society--Creighton U.
- Encourages scholarly activities such as research, seminars, conferences,and
publication. Works to promote diversity and interdisciplinary study
with regard to religion for comparative purposes. Established in 1988.
on Religion and Democracy--U. of Virginia
- Research focuses on how religion impacts the regeneration of democracy
and civic life. Site offers information on past and current survey
research being undertaken by the Center, as well as publications and
- J.M. Dawson
Institute of Church-State Studies--Baylor U.
- Research focuses on church-state issues and religious freedom world-wide.
Institute publications and academic program information available
online. Established in 1957.
- Discovery Institute
- Focuses on ideas of representative government, the free market,
and individual liberty. Current studies include religion in public
life, as well as issues of science, technology, defense, the environment,
the economy, the future of democratic institutions, and foreign affairs.
- Evangelicals for Social
- Challenges and equips the church to be agents of God's redemption
and transformation in the world. Programs and resources provide biblical
reflection, issue analysis, training, and networking to support faith-based
holistic engagement with society.
- Hartford Institute for Religion
Research - Hartford Seminary
- Provides sociology of religion resources and religious research
findings. Included are online articles, religious statistics, research
resources, and links to the web pages and other scholarly work in
- Institute for Ecumenical and Cultural
- Interdisciplinary research, study, and dialogue focuses on discerning
the meaning of Christian identity and unity in a religiously and culturally
diverse nation and world. Includes information on their resident scholars
program and past research projects. Founded in 1967.
for Philosophy and Religion--Boston U.
- Information on lectures and publications about philosophy, religion,
and theology produced by the Institute. Established in 1970.
- Institute for the Study
of American Evangelicals--Wheaton College
- Research and study of the Evangelical Protestant tradition in the
United States. Conference, publication, and grant information given.
Founded in 1982.
- Louisville Institute
- Aims to enhance understanding of American religion and to encourage
the vitality of American religious institutions through grantmaking
and conferences. Established in 1990 by the Lilly Endowment.
- National Humanities
- Promotes scholarship and provides fellowships in all the humanities.
Encourages study of historical, philosophical, moral, and religious
insights to understand the world. Founded in 1976.
- Program on Non-Profit
Organizations--Yale Divinity School
- Supports research on issues relevant to understanding and leading
nonprofit organizations and understanding the contexts in which they
function. Provides information on seminars, workshops, fellowships,
and past and current research projects. Established in 1978.
- Center for Christian Studies--Gordon
Facilitates Christian scholarship that will gain a hearing in the larger
academy and have an impact on the Christian Church and the broader culture.
Emphasizes networking between Gordon faculty and other Christian scholars
at Christian colleges and secular universities, disseminating results
of Christian scholarship, and mentoring Christian students.
C.S. Lewis Society of Calfiornia
An educational and cultural organizaiton of people interested in events, publications, and other developments that advance deeper understanding of the life, works and ideas of C.S. Lewis and others who address the enduring philosophical, cultural, historical, literary, theological, social and economic issues of mankind.