Dr. Tigchelaar's research programs in the past included areas within reproductive biology. His work as Calvin’s Pre-Med/Dent advisor has been a passion for over 30 years (longest tenure in the state).
Dr. Tigchelaar enjoys spending time with his family, including his six grandchildren (soon to be seven). He and his spouse have also given various dance lessons together.Professor Tigchelaar enjoys singing, occasionally soloing in churches and plays the trombone.
Dr. Tigchelaar keeps a bottomless jar of Wilhelmina mints in his office.
- B.A., Calvin College, 1963
- M.S., University of Illinois, 1966
- Ph.D., University of Illinois, 1970
- Post doc - Indiana University School of Medicine, 1970
- Post doc - University of Illinois, 1971
- Professor of Physiology - Indiana University School of Medicine
- Research programs in the past included areas within reproductive biology
- Pre-Medicine/Pre-Dentistry advisor for about 30 years (longest tenure in the state)
- BIOL-205 - Human Anatomy
- BIOL-205L - Human Anatomy Lab
- BIOL-323 - Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
- BIOL-323L - Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy Lab
- Course code: