Herman De Vries
- B.A. Calvin College 1988 (German)
- M.A. University of Cincinnati 1990 (German)
- Ph.D. University of Cincinnati 1996 (Germanic Languages and Literatures)
- (Dissertation: Nicolaus Selnecker's Psalter Commentary (1565): A Documentary Study on Psalm Versification)
- DUTC-101 - Elementary Dutch
- DUTC-102 - Elementary Dutch II
- DUTC-201 - Intermediate Dutch
- DUTC-202 - Intermediate Dutch II
- GERM-303 - Introduction to German Literature
- Course code:
- Early-modern German literature
- German Enlightenment
- Current trends in the Dutch language
Articles and essays
“Classroom Devotions in the Foreign Language Course: Possibilities for Effecting Change in Student Motivation and Attitude.” Journal of Christianity and Foreign Languages 3 (2002): 10-30.
“Is the Dutch Language Threatened by English?” Dutch International Society Magazine 32.1 (2000): 9-15.
“Sunday Invocabit,” Perspectives: A Journal of Reformed Thought (March 2000): 3.
“The EUROTECH Module: A Curricular Innovation for German Instruction.” Foreign Language Annals 30.3 (1997): 369-377. Co-authored with Richard P. Long.
“Nicolaus Selnecker and Visual Portrayal of the Psalmist.” DAPHNIS: Zeitschrift für Mittlere Deutsche Literatur 4 (1996): 33-51.
- Co-translated narrated texts for Oberon, King of the Elves: A Romantic Opera in Three Acts. By Carl Maria von Weber. New Stage Directions by Gustav Mahler. Narrated texts by Claus H. Henneberg
- Course code: