Dear Colleague and/or Friend of Calvin College,
The Presidential Search Committee encourages your assistance in the identification of candidates for Calvin’s next president. It is our hope to cast a wide net for serious candidates and most frequently those men and women are connected through networks like yours.
We invite your active participation. Here is a process and a form that we have designed to help you in your thinking. We want to be flexible with deadlines, however, for a candidate to receive full consideration their materials should be submitted by September 30, 2011.
First, please pray for God’s Holy Spirit to help you in your reflection and to guide your thoughts toward candidates that can lead Calvin.
Second, read over the Opportunity Profile.
Third, give us, via email or regular mail, the following information.
- Name, address, phone number, email address of the candidate.
- In a few short sentences, describe why you believe that the candidate might be a good fit for Calvin College President.
- Attach any supporting information that would be helpful to the search committee in contacting the candidate or further highlight his or her qualifications (articles written, awards, media articles about the nominee, general references, CV or resume).
- Please consider identifying yourself, as this is also helpful to the Committee.
- The Committee will contact each nominee and ask whether the individual feels any sense of call to further explore the possibility.
You may send this information to the Committee confidentially at: email@example.com
or by regular mail to:
Presidential Search Committee
3201 Burton, SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Many thanks and please pray each day for God’s will to be done and for his grace to all involved in this important process. If you have questions, please direct them to me at the confidential email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Vander Ploeg
Chair, Presidential Search Committee