Online & Distance Education
In accordance with regulations issued by the U.S. Department of Education, institutions offering distance and online education must provide enrolled students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting agency and with the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in the student's state.
Calvin College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Students can directly register complaints with the Higher Learning Commission by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Calvin operates in several states by providing internship placements, online courses, or semester-long programs. Below is a list of the States for which Calvin is currently approved to offer courses. A link with complaint information for the appropriate State agency is provided.
- Arizona -
- California - Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
- Colorado - Colorado Department of Higher Education
- District of Columbia - DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education
- Florida - Florida Commission for Independent Education
- Illinois - Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Indiana - Indiana Commission for Higher Education
- Massachusetts - Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Minnesota - Minnesota Office of Higher Education
- Montana - Montana University System
- New Jersey - New Jersey Secretary of Higher Education
- New Mexico - New Mexico Higher Education Department
- New York
- North Dakota
- Ohio - Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools
- Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Higher Education
- South Carolina
- Virginia - State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
- Washington - Washington Student Achievement Council
- Wisconsin - Educational Approval Board of Wisconsin.
Calvin is committed to a quality educational experience for all students and welcomes direct feedback via the mechanisms outlined in these resources:
Questions about the policy or procedure described above should be directed to the Dean for Institutional Effectiveness.