Online & Distance Education
In accordance with regulations issued by the U.S. Department of Education, institutions offering distance and online education must provide enrolled students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting agency and with the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in the student's state.
Calvin operates in several states by providing internship placements, online courses, or semester-long programs. Calvin is an institution operating under the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and provides internships and online courses in several states that are members of this agreement. If a person is not satisfied with the institutional resolution of a complaint related to a Calvin course in one of these states, the institutional decision may be appealed to the Michigan state portal agency for SARA.
Calvin also operates in some states that are not members of SARA. Links with complaint information for the appropriate state agencies are provided below.
- California - Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
- Florida - Florida Commission for Independent Education
- Massachusetts - Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- New Jersey - New Jersey Secretary of Higher Education
- New York - Office of College and University Evaluation
- Wisconsin - Educational Approval Board of Wisconsin.
Calvin is committed to a quality educational experience for all students and welcomes direct feedback via the mechanisms outlined in these resources:
Questions about the policy or procedure described above should be directed to the Dean for Institutional Effectiveness.