At Calvin, science comes alive as students partner with faculty to conduct research in biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, geology/geography, mathematics/statistics, nursing, physics/astronomy and psychology.
Paid research fellowships are available each summer. In 2014:
- 81 students worked with 39 Calvin professors from eight departments.
- 46 research projects explored a wide variety of projects ranging from studying songbirds to publishing an online Ethiopian Geography to studying forty years of forest development in our own Calvin College Ecosystem Preserve. See more 2014 projects.
- Students received a $3,700 stipend for 10 weeks of research.
- 46% of the projects were externally funded by grants from outside Calvin College
- 38% more were funded by private donors