At Calvin, science comes alive as students partner with faculty to conduct research in biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, geology/geography, mathematics/statistics, nursing, physics/astronomy and psychology.
Paid research fellowships are available each summer. In 2012:
- 91 students worked with 38 Calvin professors from eight departments.
- 53 research projects explored a wide variety of projects ranging from studying microorganisms to studying asteroid collisions. See more 2012 projects.
- Students received a $3,700 stipend for 10 weeks of research.
- 60% of the projects were externally funded by grants from outside Calvin College
- 29% more were funded by private donors
Read the Chimes article about this year's summer research program.>>