At Calvin, science comes alive as students partner with faculty to conduct research in biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, geology/geography/environmental studies, mathematics/statistics, nursing, physics/astronomy and psychology.
Paid research fellowships are available each summer. In 2016:
- 88 students worked with 41 Calvin professors from nine departments.
- 55 research projects explored a wide variety of projects ranging from cancer research to a water supply design for gardens to studying hind limb form and function in early cetaceans to studying the orbital eccentricity of a specific binary star. See more 2016 projects.
- Students received a $3,900 stipend for 10 weeks of research.
- 40% of the projects were externally funded by grants from outside Calvin College
- 34.8% more were funded by private donors