At Calvin, science comes alive as students partner with faculty to conduct research in biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, geology/geography, mathematics/statistics, nursing, physics/astronomy and psychology.
Paid research fellowships are available each summer. In 2013:
- 100 students worked with 40 Calvin professors from eight departments.
- 58 research projects explored a wide variety of projects ranging from studying how human activity affects coastal dune activity to experiments with trapped krypton atoms. See more 2013 projects.
- Students received a $3,700 stipend for 10 weeks of research.
- 73% of the projects were externally funded by grants from outside Calvin College
- 21% more were funded by private donors