At Calvin, science comes alive as students partner with faculty to conduct research in biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, geology/geography, mathematics/statistics, nursing, physics/astronomy and psychology.
Paid research fellowships are available each summer. In 2015:
- 85 students worked with 44 Calvin professors from nine departments.
- 53 research projects explored a wide variety of projects ranging from plant responses to climate change to nanomolecular building projects to the impacts of green roofs on energy use to trapping atoms. See more 2015 projects.
- Students received a $3,800 stipend for 10 weeks of research.
- 56% of the projects were externally funded by grants from outside Calvin College
- 26% more were funded by private donors