The James and Beatrice Harkema Family Scholarship
Dr. James and Mrs. Beatrice Harkema of East Lansing, Michigan have established this scholarship in gratitude to God for the influence Calvin College has had on their lives and on the lives of their children and grandchildren. It is their desire to award a scholarship to a junior or senior who is pursuing a degree in the field of biomedical science.
- Pursuing a degree in biomedical science. This could be any of the following majors: biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology or a pre-med program.
- Current Calvin student planning to enroll full time the following year
- Entering Junior or Senior year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Some evidence of financial need