The Veltkamp Secondary Science Education Scholarship
It is the goal of the Veltkamp Secondary Science Education Scholarship to provide financial assistance for a student whose calling is to pursue a career in secondary science education. Having numerous relatives who have made Christian education their life’s mission, the donors are aware of the limited financial recompense secondary education provides. However, being the fortunate recipients of fantastic Christ-centered science education, both in high school and beyond, the donors are driven to help continue Calvin’s tradition of forming and educating quality secondary science teachers.
- Pursuing a secondary ed program in one of the sciences--Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Geology, Environmental Science, Integrated Science or Physics.
- Current Calvin student planning to enroll full time the following year
- Entering Junior or Senior year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Some evidence of financial need