Media relations at Calvin College is a two-pronged effort:
Both efforts are part of communications and marketing at Calvin, which is in turn part of the advancement division.
Since the summer of 2008, Matt Kucinski, a former television reporter who holds a master's degree in communications, has served as Calvin's media relations manager. Matt continues to provide the numerous services that working journalists have come to expect from Calvin, including:
- an Experts Guide
- over-the-phone assistance in contacting Calvin professors for expert commentary
- news tips and advisories via whichever method is best for the journalist
- photos and video of Calvin faculty, staff and students, including possible electronic transmission via this Web site
The Calvin media relations office has a document available to media and Calvin faculty, staff and students that outlines our philosophy of media relations and includes some practical tips for working with the media.
Media Relations Manager
Youngsma Center 253
Sports information is supervised by Jeff Febus, sports information coordinator. He is ably assisted by a number of Calvin students, and their work can be found on the Calvin sports Web site. Services to working journalists are many and include:
- seasonal media guides for fall, winter and spring sports
- arrangment of interviews with coaches and athletes
- news releases via whatever method is best for the journalist
- photos and video of Calvin coaches and athletes
Sports Information Coordinator
Youngsma Center 265
In addition, to the work of Matt and Jeff, there are three other publicists who work on Calvin's campus for three specific areas of the college. Those interested in music, theatre and art should contact those publicists directly.
Mailing address & contact information
3201 Burton Street, SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
(616) 526-6000 or 1-800-688-0122