Calvin Information Technology provides telecommunication services on campus. If you are having problems with your Calvin-owned telephone, telephone jack, or need to request a change to your telephone, contact the HelpDesk.
In Case of Emergency contact Campus Safety
- Dial 3-3333 from on-campus phone to reach Campus Safety
- Dial 616-526-3333 or text email@example.com to reach Campus Safety from a cell phone
- DO NOT dial 911 for an on-campus emergency - always contact Campus Safety
- When you begin work at Calvin, you will be issued a Calvin phone number and a CallXpress voicemail account. Your supervisor will receive this information from the HelpDesk.
- If you are moving offices, please do not move your telephone. See our Office Move web page for important information regarding changing offices and/or departments.
- Please contact the HelpDesk if you need assistance with your phone and/or voicemail.
- Learn how to use your on-campus desk phone
- See user guides for your specific desk phone model
- Learn how to access and use CallXpress voicemail on the voicemail web page.
- CIT does not offer feature level support for mobile devices, but most up-to-date mobile devices are able to connect to our wireless network
- Employees whose job responsibilites require frequent use of a cell phone can have a cell phone requested by a supervisor on their behalf
- CIT offers two types of conference calls for Calvin faculty and staff:
- Self Service Conference Calls from Calvin desk phone
- You can use your desk phone to make conference calls with up to 6 participants.
- Meet Me Conference Calls
- Attendees can enter or leave conference as they wish. You must request a Meet Me conference number one week prior to your conference call.