Timmer has traditionally been a women's wing, but was re-purposed for an upperclassmen community beginning in 2010. Timmer Upper Class floors provide juniors and seniors with a sense of community with their peers, while also enjoying the amenities of the residence hall. This is a great option for students who prefer a private room on campus or have one or two other students they would like to share a suite with.
- Upperclass Timmer will follow Knollcrest East Living Standards as found within KE Living Booklet including open house hours.
- Housing contracts are available for either the full academic year or one semester for students who plan to study abroad during one semester or are graduating.
- Students may apply with a friend (as either a roommate or suitemate).
- Each Timmer room will be furnished with a bed, dresser, desk, desk chair and book shelf for each student.
- Laundry facilities at no extra charge.
- ResNet, Calvin wireless, and Calvin cable.
- Close proximity to dining hall, library, campus escort service, athletic complex, etc.
- Reduced residence hall rates
- Available for the full academic year or one semester.
Timmer Upper Class prices
2016-2017 costs will be set by the Board of Trustees in February 2016. Prices listed below are for 2015-2016, but should not be drastically different next year. A meal plan is required. The 10-meal plan is the lowest option.
Single room rates
- 10 meal plan: $3,050 per semester
- 15 meal plan: $3,410 per semester
- 21 meal plan: $3,633 per semester
Double room rates (with roommate)
- 10 meal plan: $2,620 per semester
- 15 meal plan: $2,930 per semester
- 21 meal plan: $3,117 per semester
Applications are due on March 7, 2016. Room selection will be held on March 31, 2016 in the Meeter Center Lecture Hall at 4 p.m.
- Preference will be shown to students who currently live in Timmer.
- Students who are either international or out of state and may have limited housing options will be next.
- By application date.