Benefits: Insurance, perks and resources
Calvin College is committed to offering its employees and their dependents a comprehensive benefit package - including health, medical, dental and life insurance as well as retirement and tuition programs. In addition to the benefits programs, there are many resources available to Calvin staff. You can learn more about these benefits and resources by choosing the appropriate link on this page.
Eligibility for each benefit is based on position classification and is determined by human resources at the time of appointment. Each spring during open enrollment the college provides you with an opportunity to change or update your benefits for the new benefits year, which begins on July 1. The human resources staff is available to assist you with any questions you might have about your benefits.
2013-2014 plan documents and resources (effective July 1, 2013)
- Blue Care Network (BCN) HMO Plan Summary Document
- Delta Dental Plan Summary Document
- BASIC Flexible Spending Enrollment Guide
- Blue Care Network Website
- Premium Shares Full-Time 75% FTE or greater
- Premium Shares 65-74% FTE
- Premium Shares 55-64% FTE
- Premium Shares 50-54% FTE
- Blue Care Network
- Delta Dental
- Flexible spending account information