Questions and Issues From Chapters 1 and 2
- Is there a "sprinting gene"?
- Does tagging penguins for identification purposes harm them?
- Do humans subconsciously give off chemical signals (phermones)?
- What prportion of people using a public restroom wash their hands?
- If parents could turn back time, would they still choose to have children?
- Why do adolescent spiders engage in foreplay?
- How broadly to experiences of parents affect their future children?
- What percent of college professors consider themselves "above average" instructors?
- Does giving lots of high fives to teammates help sports teams win?
- Which is better for peak performance: a short mild warm-up or a long intense warm-up?
- Does the color red increase the attractiveness of women to men?
- Are city dwellers more likely than country dwellers to have mood and anxiety disorders?
- Is there truth to the saying "beauty sleep"?
- Do tanning salons mislead their customers on the dangers of tanning?
- What percent of young adults in the US move back in with their parents?
- Does turning up the music in a bar cause people to drink more beer?
- Can dogs smell cancer in humans?
- What percent of college students say stress negatively affects their grades?
- How big is the home field advantage in soccer?
- Does electrical stimulation of the brain help with problem solving?
- Should males with a laptop computer worry about lowering their sperm count?
- What percent of people smoke?
- Can cricket chirps be used to estimate the temperature?
- Which coffee has more caffeine: light roast or dark roast?
- How much do restaurant customers tip?
- How heavily does economic growth depend on the inflation rate?
- How does a person's body posture affect levels of stress?
- Do movies with larger budgets get higher audience ratings?
- Does it pay to get a college degree?
- What percent of college students have been in an emotionally abusive relationship?
- Does sexual frustration increase the desire for alcohol?
- What percent of NBA basketball players never attempt a 3-point shot?
- Are there "commitment genes"? Are there "cheating genes"?
This page maintained by:
Friday, 22-Aug-2014 17:31:27 EDT
Department of Mathematics and Statistics