This list is intended for the use of Christians who are professional astronomers.
1. By "astronomer", we mean people who do at least one of the following: perform professional research in astronomy/astrophysics, teach astronomy at a university or college or high school, received a Ph.D. in an astronomy-related topic, are a student planning a career in astronomy, and/or work at a planetarium or astronomy-related company.
2. By "Christian" we mean those who believe in the historic Christian faith, which we think is well-summarized by the American Scientific Affiliation statement of faith.
If you are not in the intended audience, but would still like to listen in, we suggest you contact the list administrator before subscribing. In the future, if we become a more formal organization (like the Affiliation of Christian Biologists or the Affiliation of Christian Geologists), then membership may be limited to something like the above.
In general, our subscribers are compelled by classical astronomical evidence to understand that the universe and the earth are several billion years old. This list is not a forum for discussion of 'young earth creationism'; such issues are better addressed by discussion groups which focuses on origins (see the Resource List).
Back to Top
1. Send an e-mail message to email@example.com with the command "subscribe chr-astro" in the message body (without the quotes, and nothing else in the message).
2. In order
to be included in the Contact
Information of Subscribers list, send a message to the List
Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name,
e-mail address, institution, and website (if applicable).
Back to Top
1. To unsubscribe, send a message to email@example.com with the command "unsubscribe chr-astro" in the body of the message.
2. To change your subscription address, first unsubscribe the old address, then subscribe the new address.
3. Further instructions can be obtained at Calvin College's majordomo information site.