(each line is loosely based on a week)
(based sort of what the lab will be about)
This outline is taken from Joel Adams, Larry Nyhoff, and Jeff Nyhoff's
(coming) Java book, Java Introduction to Computing.
- java fundamentals types, variables,
constants, basic program featues: methods, classes, documentation
- expressions, primitive types, reference
types, booleans, assignments, char/strings
- methods/classes. functions. return.
- control structures. if (nested ifs)
statments, for loops. method overloading.
- Classes. instance methods. Temperature!!!!
Encapsulation, info hiding,
- Selection structures. if, multibranch if,
dangling else, switch statements (NOT supported by TinyVM). break.
for loop, forever, break statements, while, do loop, recursion.
- Arrays. subscripting, arrays + methods(?),
pre-defined array operations, area cloning, equality, vectors,
sorting, searching, procedssing command-line arguments.
Multidimentional arrays: opps, defining ops, matrix class
- File IO. Readers, Writers, Exceptions
(try, catch). IO Streams.
- Inheritance. Handles, extends,
polymorphism, java hierarchy. OO design,
- Data structures. ArrayList, LinkedList
(algorithm efficiency). Stacks, queues, trees
- Advanced topics. Sorting lists,
multithreading (synchronization), client server programming
- Final Project.
© Copyright 2000 By Joel Adams, Ryan VanderBijl.
Lisenced under the GPL. You may use it, but we would like you to
share any ideas, etc with us and the world.