Saturday, January 03, 2009
i think odd numbered years look funny. (but i’m making resolutions anyway)
Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God.—Jim Elliot
And now let us welcome the new year, full of things that have never been.—Rainer Maria Rilke
That list-making frenzy still has me in its grips, though I feel better with my room done. Still. Here’s a list of… well, not quite resolutions, but something like them.
Somewhere, somehow, in 2009:
- knit a pair of socks. heck, yes.
- make crepes, from scratch. (with Nutella, naturally.)
- restart a running routine. (all that pie… oof!)
- go on another writing trip.
- learn to make pizza from scratch. (if there’s a higher calling for mushrooms, i don’t know of it.)
- go stargazing with my dad.
- eat a s’more! (how many years has it been since i’ve done this? and why has it been that long?)
- read more Shakespeare.
- write in a park.
- learn to make risotto.
- write an admiring letter to a famous author. (repeat this one!)
- stop whining.
- stop being afraid.
- make pasta from scratch. (because i will have resumed my running routine. right.)
- finish drafts 2 and 3 of my novel! yes, please! before 2010!!
- have more days devoted to reading… even more hours. (i never stay put long enough to read, it seems. hmm. hopefully my cozy new room will give me a place for an inspired reading retreat.)
- launch a few shorter writing projects. (part of my never-ending quest for balance)
- write more letters to my far-flung friends.
- laugh more. quit being so grumpy. yes.
What’s on your list?—jl