Novell Server Maintenance 10-12-08
Friday, October 10, 2008By Christopher Wieringa
Several Novell servers will be updated on 10-12-08 with minimal expected disruption to users. These will occur beginning at 8:00 a.m., estimated completion by 11:00 a.m.
Novell users should be able to login and access data files, with the exception of Seminary users. NetStorage access will be affected as well, but all other services should remain in operation.
Scheduled Maintenance for Oct. 23
Thursday, October 23, 2008By Jeff Greenfield
The following systems and services are scheduled for maintenance this Thursday morning:
- College application webserver (ie: web pages for library, kuyers, CICW, VanLunen, etc.)
- College webserver (ie: http://www.calvin.edu, etc.)
- Health Services server
- Inquisite Survey server
- ImageNow Server for scanning and document retrieval
- CBORD Server for Food Service and Roommate Matching
- Server for Micros machines and handheld devices used for Food Service
- RuffaloCody Phoneathone Server
- R25 Server for OCCE reservations and classroom management
- TMA Physical Plant work-order system
- Credit Card Processing server (ie. Box office and Bookstore)
- Lyris list management server (i.e. Calvin Parents, etc)
- Istrategy Datawarehouse server
- Great Plains finanacial application server
- (CIT Internal) QuarkExpress License Server
- (CIT Internal) VMWare Infrastructure Control Server
- ArcGIS server
- Prince Conference Center server
- MSSQL database server (HEAT, Physical Plant, Surveys, Calendar and other database-driven applications) **
** Many Calvin services will be affected during this outage; some services may be affected that are not listed.
ZENworks Server Updates - Oct. 25
Saturday, October 25, 2008By Richard L. DeVries
Microsoft has released a critical update for Windows machines (MS08-067) which CIT will push to our ZENworks servers on Saturday, Oct. 25. A brief outage of ZENworks services will be required between 7:00AM and 8:00AM on Saturday morning.
During this brief outage users may be unable to login on campus workstations, particularly in campus computer labs. They may also be unable to launch some applications.
More information about this critical update is available from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms08-067.mspx
KnightVision Maintenance - Oct. 30
Thursday, October 30, 2008By Rob Bobeldyk
CIT will be performing maintenance to the several KnightVision components from 7:00am to 8:00am on Thursday, October 30th, 2008.
During this time, the following KnightVision tools will be unavailable: Journal LX (course blogs), Teams LX (course wikis), Podcast LX, Search LX, and Expo LX (the “Blogs & Wikis” tab). All data contained within existing blogs, wikis, and podcasts will be preserved and will be available after the maintenance is complete. All other features of KnightVision will remain operational.
The maintenance will provide a number of bug fixes as well as strengthen privacy settings for the components of KnightVision listed above.
Scheduled Maintenance for Oct. 31
Friday, October 31, 2008By Christopher Wieringa
The following systems and services are scheduled for a special maintenance time frame this Friday morning:
- Internet connection, 12:00am - 6:00am***
*** We expect that the internet connection will be down for approximately 20 minutes during this time frame.