American Christian Writers
American Christian Writers is a member of the Evangelical Press Association, Evangelical Christian Publishers Association and Global Network of Christian Ministries. It is a Christ-centered gathering of writers which hosts dozens of conferences in twenty-four cities across America. These conferences last from one to three days in length and are led by editors and professional freelancers. They provide excellent instruction, networking opportunities and valuable one-on-one time with talented writers and editors.
One such conference is to be held in Grand Rapids, Michigan on June 24th till the 25th. The conference weekend includes over twenty workshops, free publications, free consultations with instructors, as well as partial scholarships to cover costs. Some of the confirmed faculty members and speakers include: Bob Hostetler, Jim Watkins, David Branon, Eleonore Forder, and more. Tuition varies based on signup date although partial scholarships are available.
One can register for the American Christian Writers’ Grand Rapids, Michigan, Conference by mail or online (http://jameswatkins.com/acw/acwregistration.htm).
American Christian Writers includes a statement of faith in their website which state:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose Indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.