The Real Simple Second-Annual Life Lessons Contest
“When did you realize that you had become a grown-up? Perhaps it was when you first paid taxes or met your son’s first girlfriend. Whether the experience was difficult, funny, easy, or bittersweet, share your lesson and you could win.
Enter Real Simple’s second-annual Life Lessons essay contest and you could have your essay published in Real Simple; win round-trip tickets for two to New York City, hotel accommodations for two nights, tickets to a Broadway play, and a lunch with Real Simple editors; and receive a prize of $3,000.”
• Contest runs May 1, 2009 to September 7, 2009.
• Limit one entry per person or e-mail account.
• Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 19 or older at time of entry.
• Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail after January 3, 2010.
• Essays should be a maximum of 1,500 words, typed and double-spaced.
• Or submit via postal mail to Essay Contest, Real Simple, 1271 Avenue of the Americas, 9th floor, New York, NY 10020. (Entries must be postmarked by September 7, 2009.)
• By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual-property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium, and (3) has not won an award.
• All entries will be judged by Real Simple editors, based on originality, creativity, use of language, and appropriateness to contest theme.
• Winner’s list will be published on realsimple.com/lifelessonscontest after January 8, 2010, and will be available for a period of 60 days.
To read last year’s winning essay, go to http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/life-strategies/witness-to-grace-00000000010772/index.html.