Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Annual Poetry Prizes
These prizes have been established by Marvin Rosenberg in memory of his late wife, Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg. The intent is to encourage the work of new, young poets. Several prizes varying from $1,000 up to as much as $25,000 will be awarded for the finest lyric poems celebrating the spirit of life.
• Entries must be received no later than October 17, 2009.
• Winners list will be published on the website on February 5, 2010 (winners will be contacted shortly before that time)
• Entrants must be under the age of 40 on November 6, 2009.
• The contest is open to all writers, published or unpublished.
• Submit up to 3 poems
• Poems must be previously unpublished, original, and written in English
• Only one of the poems may be more than thirty lines in length.
• Each poem must be printed on a separate sheet
• Submit two copies of each poem, with your name and address clearly marked on each page of one copy only
• Include an index card with your name and address, phone number, e-mail address, and the title(s) of your poem(s)
• Winners may continue to enter until their prizes total in excess of $25,000.
• $10 entry fee (checks payable to Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Memorial Fund)
Mail entries to:
Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Prizes
PO Box 2306
Orinda, California 94563