Who may apply for the Van Lunen Fellows Program
The Van Lunen Fellows Program is open to any head of school based in the historic Christian faith who:
- Is currently head* of a **school based in the historic Christian faith.
- Has been a head of school at least one full year before the Fellows Program begins.
- Has been a head of school in the current school setting for fewer than ten years.
- Has a minimum of a bachelor's degree.
- Has a desire to deepen managerial gifts needed for executive leadership of a faith-based school.
- Agrees to fully attend all three residential sessions and to participate in an online personal assessment of skills, knowledge, and experience prior to the first July session.
- Commits to full participation in all Fellows' activities.
- Understands that time apart from spouses, other relatives, friends, and additional school personnel is important for optimal learning; therefore single occupancy for Fellows is required for lodging during all conference sessions.
- Has a concrete idea for a school-based project that can lead to a tangible outcome by June of their Fellows year that is described in the submitted application; has discussed this proposed project idea with a school board officer and received affirmation of it.
- Has completed the application.
- Has completed the financial aid form related to the participant fee, if such is requested.
- Understands that the participant fee of is due, after acceptance, by March 29, 2013.
- Has provided two letters of recommendation: one from a professional peer, another from an officer of the school's governing board or committee.
Notes: *This role may have a variety of titles, including superintendent or principal. Any executive leader who reports directly to a school's governing board is eligible.
**The school may include elementary, middle, and/or high school grades; early elementary schools must include at least 2nd grade to qualify.