Women’s Tennis Picks Up Conference Victory Over Saint Mary’s
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
KENTWOOD—The Calvin women’s tennis team bumped its overall record over the .500 mark and improved to 3-1 in the MIAA with an 8-1 win over visiting Saint Mary’s (IN) Wednesday afternoon at the Gainey Tennis Courts. Calvin swept all three doubles flights and then picked up wins in five of the six singles flights.
The Knights return to action on Saturday when they travel to Adrian for a 1:00 p.m. conference match.
Saint Mary’s College vs Calvin College
Apr 08, 2009 at Kentwood, MI
Calvin College 9, Saint Mary’s College 0
1. Melissa Oosterhouse (CALVINW) def. Jillian Hurley (SMC) 6-3, 6-1
2. Kaitlin Spoelhof (CALVINW) def. Camille Gebert (SMC) 3-6, 6-3, 10-7
3. Elisabeth Geenen (CALVINW) def. Jessica Kosinski (SMC) 6-1, 6-0
4. Rachel Strikwerda (CALVINW) def. Betsy Reed (SMC) 6-3, 6-2
5. Michelle Busscher (CALVINW) def. Jessica Camp (SMC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Rachel DeGroot (CALVINW) def. Laura Arnold (SMC) 6-4, 6-1
1. Melissa Oosterhouse/Kaitlin Spoelhof (CALVINW) def. Jillian Hurley/Camille Gebert (SMC) 8-4
2. Jill VanVeen/Rachel Strikwerda (CALVINW) def. Jessica Kosinski/Betsy Reed (SMC) 8-2
3. Elisabeth Geenen/Rachel DeGroot (CALVINW) def. Jessica Camp/Franca Peluso (SMC) 8-1