Women’s Tennis Defeats Alma Inside Huizenga Tennis & Track Center
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
The Calvin women’s tennis team hit the double-digit mark for victories with an 8-1 win over visiting Alma Tuesday afternoon inside the Huizenga Tennis and Track Center. The match marked Calvin’s final home contest of the year. The Knights finished the year 5-1 at home including 3-0 inside the Huizenga Tennis and Track Center.
Calvin is now 10-7 overall and 6-1 in MIAA play heading into its MIAA dual match finale next Monday at Albion. In Tuesday’s victory over the visiting Scots, Calvin took all three doubles points and clinched the match by winning the first four singles points.
Calvin College 8, Alma College 1
1. Melissa Oosterhouse (CALVIN) def. Laura McKendry (Alma) 6-1, 6-1
2. Kaitlin Spoelhof (CALVIN) def. Amy Baranowski (Alma) 6-1, 6-2
3. Elisabeth Geenen (CALVIN) def. Jen Meloche (Alma) 6-3, 6-3
4. Rachel Strikwerda (CALVIN) def. Abbey McCue (Alma) 7-6 (6-2), 6-0
5. Emily Noss (Alma) def. Michelle Busscher (CALVIN) 6-4, 6-4
6. Kelsey Bushhouse (CALVIN) def. Heather Spratt (Alma) 2-6, 6-3, 10-6
1. Melissa Oosterhouse/Kaitlin Spoelhof (CALVIN) def. Laura McKendry/Jen Meloche (Alma) 8-0
2. Jill VanVeen/Rachel Strikwerda (CALVIN) def. Lauren Stevenson/Emily Noss (Alma) 8-6
3. Rachel DeGroot/Michelle Busscher (CALVIN) def. Kelsey Erwin/Amy Baranowski (Alma) 8-2