Men’s Tennis Suffers Loss to UW-Whitewater
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
ORLANDO, FL—In a meeting of regionally-ranked teams, Wisconsin-Whitewater proved up to the task, handing Calvin (4-1) its first loss of the season, defeating the Knights 7-2. Calvin picked up singles victories from senior Steve DeMaagd (Calvin Christian HS) and sophomore Andrew DeVlieger (Northpointe Christian HS) at No. 2 and No. 4 singles respectively.
Whitewater swept all three doubles flights however to gain the early momentum. Whitewater came in ranked ninth in the most recent ITA Division III Central Region rankings while Calvin is ranked 11th in the region. Calvin is back in action on Wednesday when it faces Hamline at noon.
1. Alex Lowe (UWW) def. Marcus Zeilstra (CALVINM) 6-4, 6-2
2. Steve DeMaagd (CALVINM) def. Mike Harmatys (UWW) 7-6 (7-5), 4-6, 10-8
3. Danny Glinert (UWW) def. Matthew De Vlieger (CALVINM) 7-6 (7-5), 6-4
4. Andrew De Vlieger (CALVINM) def. Tim Moller (UWW) 6-4, 3-6, 10-7
5. Kelvin Caiati (UWW) def. Nick Steenstra (CALVINM) 6-4, 6-2
6. Alex Mory (UWW) def. Andrew Rescorla (CALVINM) 6-0, 4-6, 6-1
1. Alex Lowe/Kelvin Caiati (UWW) def. Steve DeMaagd/Marcus Zeilstra (CALVINM) 8-1
2. Erich Palecek/Danny Glinert (UWW) def. Andrew Rescorla/Nick Steenstra (CALVINM) 9-7
3. Alex Mory/Tim Moller (UWW) def. Andrew De Vlieger/David Hillner (CALVINM) 8-3