Calvin men's teams and athletes have done extremely well at the national level:
- Men’s Basketball National Champions: 1992, 2000
- Men’s Cross Country National Champions: 2000, 2003, 2004, 2006
- 6 men's teams have finished as National Runners-up
- In 2004-2005, Calvin had 25 All-American performers, and 5 Academic All-Americans
- Want a look at What NCAA III athletics are all about? - Check out this video on NCAA III athletics
Playing for Calvin
In division III recruiting it is important to remember that all of our coaches have jobs beyond being the head coach of their particular team, which means that their time to recruit is somewhat limited. Because of this, we would like to encourage you to be as pro-active as possible in making contact with our coaches and making them aware of your interest in Calvin athletics.
NCAA Division III recruiting information and requirements
- Division III athletics offers student-athletes the opportunity to become well-rounded individuals who successfully integrate athletics and academics.
- Division III institutions feature athletes who receive no financial aid related to their athletic skills and athletic departments that are staffed and funded like any other department in the university.
- Division III athletics encourages the development of sportsmanship and positive social attitudes.
- Calvin College athletes and coaches seek to honor God in all that we do including the way that we practice, play, and interact with opponents.
- Calvin College offers unique athletic leadership development opportunities including the Gainey Leadership retreat, Alliance housing, and integrating faith into athletics.