Aspirando Alto is a three-day, college preparation conference for 9th–12th graders. This event is open to all students, but especially seeks to advance the needs and interests of Hispanic youth and communities. Up to 40 high school students move onto Calvin College’s campus for a fun-filled weekend of college exposure and academic engagement activities.
Through this partnership, participants have the opportunity to come to Calvin's campus and:
- Visit a College class
- Stay in the dorms with Calvin student hosts
- eat in the dining halls
- Attend workshops related to college readiness and success
Parents join their students for the last day of conference activities and attend workshops especially designed for them.
Application and Fees
- Students apply for acceptance to the Aspirando Alto program and will receive a letter after the application deadline regarding acceptance decisions.
- As part of their application, students will also be required to submit a recommendation from either a school professional or a church/community leader.
- The enrollment fee for the entire Aspirando Alto weekend is $40 and is due upon acceptance to the program. The enrollment fee includes housing, meals and all activities and is non-refundable, except in the case of an emergency.
Save the Date
Aspirando Alto 2015 is right around the corner! Mark your calendar for October 1–3, 2015.
More information to follow soon.