We hope you are joining us later this week for Homecoming & Family Weekend, October 18–20, 2013.
- See the full schedule for the weekend.
- Read more information about events for parents and families.
- Download the Calvin phone app for easy access to the schedule and map.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE, start at the welcome station Friday (9 a.m.–5 p.m.) or Saturday (9 a.m.–3 p.m.) in the Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex.
- Grab coffee and doughnuts.
- Pick up a schedule map (.pdf).
- Pick up tickets you have ordered on or after October 11 (for Tailgate Dinner, Student Improv, River City Improv, Spotlight and Calvin Music Festival). Students may also pick these up for you.
YOU MAY STILL register and get tickets for some events, or won't need tickets for others. Here's the scoop:
- Friday's casual, hang-out-with-your-student-and-friends Family Weekend Tailgate (5:30 p.m.) in the Huizenga Tennis and Track Center is almost full.
- The Buck Fridays “Party at the Prez’s” event—cardboard canoe race, fierljeppen, outdoor movie on the Sem Pond lawn—will cost $1/person, payable at the event.
- Saturday's Student Improv is sold out; some tickets remain for Friday.
- Free, non-ticketed events are class visits [open - listed by time | open - listed by department | closed classes ]; the president’s town hall meeting, athletic events, ecosystem preserve activities, art gallery and Dice Mineralogical museum tours, etc.
- Still not sure? Plan your weekend by starting here.
Even if you don't have a son/daughter on a Calvin team, you may want to follow the Knights and receive the daily Calvin Sports Report (CSR), an e-mail bulletin for game summaries and statistics, top performances, honors and honorees, rankings and previews. Your e-mail address will be kept private for CSR use, only! Find out more and subscribe or manage your subscription here.
The sports information pages contain the latest sports news, plus any link for online viewing/listening to athletic contests throughout the year. You might also "Like" the Calvin Game Day Facebook page. The Game Day Staff is working to promote student attendance at all Calvin sporting events.
Student Treats are a fun and easy way to let your student know, throughout the year, that you are thinking of them. With the chance to write a personal note on each treat, they will feel—and sometimes taste—the love!
Our next order deadline is for the Gourmet Apple Treat ($15) on Tuesday, October 29, 2013; delivered November 4. These gourmet apples are tart, juicy apples hand-dipped in layers of finest chocolate and creamy caramel. They weight 1.5 to 2 pounds each! There are three flavor choices: supreme, butter brickle and no nuts. Find out more and order now »
Did you know?
The Calvin Annual Fund helps to bridge the gap between the cost of a Calvin education and the tuition you and your student pay. When every parent gives just a little, together you are offering a lot to Calvin students--from financial aid to student life to high quality teaching. Plus, all of the support raised for the annual fund is spent within the fiscal year it is given--so current students will benefit from the gift you give today! Make your fall gift now at: www.calvin.edu/go/give
Calvin in Chicago Career Fair
On Tuesday, October 29, Calvin’s career development office and the alumni association are sponsoring the inaugural Calvin in Chicago Career Fair. This event will include Chicago area employers recruiting for internship and entry-level employment opportunities. Students can register and pay their $25 registration fee (which covers transportation and lunch) on the event page now.
Flu shot dates
Health services will be hosting more flu clinics on October 22 & 31. Read more about Influenza and the Flu Vaccine from health services. We are now able to bill insurance companies; we need the insurance card and the birth date of the primary cardholder. Patients may also pay with cash, check or bill their service to a misc. account (current Calvin students only). Flu Shot $25, Flu Mist $30.
- Calvin's Social Directory | Vimeo | YouTube | Streaming event video
- Chimes, the official student newspaper of Calvin
- News & stories from campus
- WebCams on campus
- Sports pages and Calvin-Sports report
- The 2013-2014 Academic Calendar
- Parent Resource Guide (.pdf)
- Parent FAQ
- First Year Seminar information
- Calvin Annual Fund: www.calvin.edu/go/givecaf