Personal Information
Male Female
Birth date:
Marital Status:
Email Address:
Calvin ID Number:
Information Concerning Your Major
Your major selection will determine the department advisor you will be seeing during Encore.
Yes No
If yes, which one?  
  Elementary Ed.
  Secondary Ed.
  Special Ed.
  Early Childhood Ed.

Information for Placement Testing

Read the following very carefully and answer the questions. Whether or not you are scheduled for
a foreign language assessment will depend on your answers.

Calvin students are required to complete two years of college level foreign language in the same
language study. Exceptions are made for the following programs: Accountancy, Engineering,
Nursing, Recreation, and the Visual Arts (BFA). For these programs, a student must have two
years of a high school foreign language with grades of C or better, OR they must take one year of
a foreign language at Calvin. Students should consult the college catalog for more specific information.

Four years of high school foreign language study with grades of C or better
(in one foreign language) may be used to meet the college foreign language requirement.
This is a language exemption.  International students who have English as a second language are
also exempt from the language requirement.

Yes No

Yes No
I will have AP (advance placement) or college transfer credit. Yes No
I plan to study the following languages at Calvin.
Please check all that apply:
Calculus Readiness Test
Please check any and all boxes that apply to you.  PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. 
I have taken pre-calculus in high school
I will take/have taken the AP calculus class and the AP calculus exam.
I am taking/have taken a college calculus course.
You must check ONE of the next two questions in addition to the boxes checked above:
I WANT to take calculus at Calvin even if it is not required for my major.
Students should consult the college catalog for more specific information on all of the above procedures.
Students who have been assigned to the Access Program will receive additional information from
Student Academic Services.