Improve your ACT or SAT score
Each semester, up to 40 high school students may participate in a five-week session in which Calvin students provide ACT or SAT tutoring assistance.
The Excel ACT/SAT Tutoring Program, coordinated by the offices of pre-college programs and the Service-Learning Center at Calvin College, is available to high school students from the greater Grand Rapids area.
The Spring 2016 session is full
Pre-College Programs will be offering a Fall 2016 session. Information for Fall 2016 will follow soon.
Spring dates, time and location
- Orientation Reception - Tuesday, February 2, 6 p.m.–7:30 p.m. Located in the Spoelhof Atrium. (Mandatory.) Families welcome.
- Tutoring - February 9–March 10, 2016, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4–5 p.m. or 4:30-5:30 p.m. (Students have the option of choosing 1 or 2 days of tutoring out of the 3 days available).
- Post Test - Saturday, March 12, 8 a.m.–12 noon. (Mandatory.)
- ACT pre-test, location: TBA
- SAT pre-test, location: TBA
- Celebration Dinner - Thursday, March 17, 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. Location: TBA. Families welcome.
Areas of study
At the end of each five-week session, the pairs and triads (in addition to the pre-college students’ parents) will be honored through a celebration.
The spring 2016 session is currently full. Informationf or fall 2016 will follow soon.
$40 enrollment fee is due with the application form
3201 Burton St. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4402
(616) 526-6749 (phone)
(616) 526-6756 (fax)