Every year we offer a number of programs for students to take advantage of. Each one offers unique opportunities to grow and prepare for college life. We invite you to explore them all and see which might be a good fit.
- Students experience three days of college explorations as they stay in the dorms with Calvin student hosts, visit a college class, and attend workshops related to college preparation and success. (Grades 9-12)
- An opportunity for college living and learning while earning college credit. (Grades 11-12)
Excel ACT/SAT Tutoring
- A partnership with local high school districts providing ACT and SAT tutoring for five weeks during the fall and spring semesters, for up to 40 students each semester. (Grades 9-12)
MLK Young Leaders Weekend
- An annual three-day event for students who want to further develop their leadership ablities. (Grades 9-12)
- During our S.T.E.P. (Striving Toward Educational Possibilities) program, students experience two days of college explorations as they choose to stay on campus overnight or come back the next day, visit a college class, have fun with our exploration sessions, and attend workshops related to college readiness and academic success. (Grades 6–8)
Hop on the bus
- The Hop on the Bus program allows teachers of K—8th grade classes to coordinate with the Office of Pre-College programs to create a visit day tailored specifically for thier class.
Summer camps »
- Calvin offers a variety of camps for kids and youth, ages 4-18, designed to help them bridge the gap between one school year and the next.