If you're starting Calvin for interim or spring semester as a new first-year or transfer student, TRANSITIONS is for you! Interim students Orientation begins on January 5, 2016. Spring students, orientation begins on January 28, 2016. Learn about Calvin through activities and creative workshops that highlight the range of opportunities here.
- What to expect
Calvin's orientation programs have three objectives:
- To introduce you to Calvin's purpose, people, and programs
- To help ensure your smooth transition to college
- To prepare you academically for your years at Calvin
You will be covering the information in the following three modules:
- Reformed, Liberal Arts College - Take a closer look at what it means that Calvin is "Reformed" and "Liberal Arts."
- Agents of Renewal - Consider the implications of what it means that God is renewing all things.
- Doing God's Work in God's World - Our world belongs to God. To what God calling us to as we learn and as we serve?
You will take care of practical details:
- Meet with an advisor and confirm your classes
- Get your student ID
- Register your vehicle
- ...and many other details
- Before you arrive
There are several steps that you need to complete before you arrive:
- Register yourself and your family members (see "Registration" tab above)
- Pay your enrollment deposit, if you haven't already
- Be sure you have received a confirmation email in your Calvin email account from the Student Development Office by mid-January.
- Print out driving directions and a campus map (see our Information & Resources page)
If you are planning to live in the residence halls or Knollcrest East apartments, Interim students may move in January 5 between 9:00am and 11:00am. Spring students may move in January 28, between 10:00am and 1:00pm. Please stop by the Campus Involvement and Leadership office in the Commons Annex to recieve additional information in terms of housing.
Upon arrival follow the road signs to the Covenant Fine Arts Center parking lot. Make your way to the Commons Annex Building where you'll:
- obtain a resource packet
- receive a personalized schedule
All meals during TRANSITIONS are provided.
- Dates & Schedule
Your TRANSITIONS program will have three parts if you are coming for Interim. For Interim students, Part I is on January 5 from 11:30am - 6:00pm and advising will take place on January 8 with optional activities following. Part II and III for Interim will be two lunches on January 7 and January 14 from 12:15pm – 1:45pm to discuss core curriculum and advising, as well as opportunities at Calvin.
For spring students, TRANSITIONS is a two-day orientation program starting January 28 at 1:30pm and goes through January 29. This will include meeting with an advisor to confirm your class schedule, learning about opportunities at Calvin, as well as a Grand Rapids outing!
If you are planning to live in the residence halls or Knollcrest East apartments, Interim students may move in January 5 between 9:00am and 11:00am. Spring students may move in January 28, between 10:00am and 1:00pm.
Register online using e-Enroll Go! »
If you have questions or need to make changes to your Orientation registration, please contact us at 616-526-8507 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a charge for attending TRANSITIONS. The student registration fee is $150. Up to two adult family members may attend parent programming for free. The orientation fee will be added to your student account by the Financial Services Office in February.